Workshops for parents
Important notice: Please note that all upcoming workshops will be delivered online via Zoom in light of the current Covid-19 situation.
We run online, live workshops throughout the year as detailed below. If you would like AS Mentoring to run a workshop or training session for your business or community, please contact us at email@example.com
'Thinking about going to University'
About: This is an online, live event on Zoom. We will provide information for parents on how to support their son or daughter with an ASC into higher education. The workshop aims to give parents an insight into some of the difficulties people with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) experience in the transition to University, what support is available, how to get it and how to navigate the process. Topics will include:
- Things to consider when deciding whether (and which) university is a good choice
- Difficulties experienced by ASC Students
- Sources of support at university
- Disabled Students Allowance and the assessment process
- Strategies for managing at university
AS Mentoring reserves the right to cancel this workshop should it not meet minimum booking numbers