Workshops for adults with ASC
Important notice: Please note that all upcoming workshops will be delivered online via Zoom in light of the current Covid-19 situation.
We run a variety of workshops throughout the year, please see below for more details of our upcoming workshops. If you would AS Mentoring to run a workshop or training session for your business or community, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Pros and Cons of telling an employer/prospective employer about your diagnosis. How do you decide?
• When to tell an employer and what you might say.
• What you can expect from your employer, including reasonable adjustments, and what their expectations may be of you.
Support at work
A workshop for adults with an autism or other neurodiverse condition who are currently in or looking for employment to learn more about what support they can expect in the workplace.
This workshop will be delivered by our experienced mentors who work day to day supporting neurodivergent clients at work. It will combine clear advice and guidance and signposting to useful resources with practical tips on how to access support at work exploring the following:
- What support you can expect from your employer/prospective employer at recruitment
- Your rights and obligations as an employee
- Adjustments that could potentially support you at work
- Eligibility, and applying, for funding for support from the government’s Access to Work Scheme
A workshop for adults recently diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Condition (including Asperger's) who wish to explore autism on a personal level as well as a medical one.
Through a combination of theory, practical and creative activities and discussion we will explore the following:
- What is autism and how does it actually affect me?
- Coping with later diagnosis.
- How and when to disclose to those around you.
- What autism specific support is out there?
Important note for all workshops attendees:
You must be 18 or over to attend any event
AS Mentoring reserves the rights to cancel the workshop should it not meet minimum booking numbers.
All events tickets:
General admission: £35
Assisted Places*: £12
*Assisted place tickets are available for participants with an autism diagnosis, subsidised by Autism Forward CIO and conditional to Autism Forward policy:
- You do not have other means available to pay for a place at the workshop
- You must have an autism diagnosis or be actively seeking one
- You must complete a ‘before and after’ survey to measure impact