Workshops for adults with ASC
Important notice: Please note that all upcoming workshops will be delivered online via Zoom in light of the current Covid-19 situation.
We run a variety of workshops throughout the year, please see below for more details of our upcoming workshops. If you would AS Mentoring to run a workshop or training session for your business or community, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A workshop for adults recently diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Condition (including Asperger's) who wish to explore autism on a personal level as well as a medical one.
Through a combination of theory, practical and creative activities and discussion we will explore the following:
- What is autism and how does it actually affect me?
- Coping with later diagnosis.
- How and when to disclose to those around you.
- What autism specific support is out there?
The past year has been challenging for all and has highlighted the importance of looking after our mental health and wellbeing. AS mentoring would like to equip you with the tools necessary to manage your wellbeing and to help you cope with the ups and downs that life can throw at you.
In this workshop we will provide a supportive, confidential and safe space for you to explore your experiences. The workshop will be a safe autism friendly space facilitated by two autism facilitators.
We will cover :
- Understanding mental health and the different ways that it can present
- Ways to improve your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing
- Tips in creating your own 'mental health & wellbeing toolkit'
- ASC specific testimonies about the relationship between Autism, MH and wellbeing.
- An introduction to self-regulation tools, anxiety coping strategies and wellness practices such as grounding techniques, mindfulness and yoga
Following the workshop, AS Mentoring will send you a mental health and wellbeing resource sheet to support you in maintaining your mental health and wellbeing levels in the future.
Important note for all workshops attendees:
You must be 18 or over to attend any event
AS Mentoring reserves the rights to cancel the workshop should it not meet minimum booking numbers.
All events tickets:
General admission: £35
Assisted Places*: £12
*Assisted place tickets are available for participants with an autism diagnosis, subsidised by Autism Forward CIO and conditional to Autism Forward policy:
- You do not have other means available to pay for a place at the workshop
- You must have an autism diagnosis or be actively seeking one
- You must complete a ‘before and after’ survey to measure impact